[Insight-users] Problems on using the GeodesicActiveContourSegmentation Application

Kai Li likai at cs.uoregon.edu
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:21:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
  I tried the GeodesicActiveContourSegmentation application for a brainweb
dataset. It seems to work fine with segmentation of white matter. But I
haven't made it work with ventricles. What I did was just putting a seed
point within a ventricle and leave all parameters default except for the
distance of FastMarching filter,  the RMS error and iterations of the
GeodesicActiveContour filter. I set the distance of the FastMarching
filter to be just "1.0". The problem is that no matter how I decrease the
RMS error and increase the iterations, the result is always a small sphere
like shape around the seed point.

 Another problem is about the VTK Render. After the Threshhold filter is
executed, the color in the "VTK Render" button is still red. If I click
on the button, I just get a blank window. The fltkImageViewer(the
"Display" button) works fine though. I think I have succesfully installed
the VTK library.

 Any help is highly appreciated.

Kai