[Insight-users] question for deformable segmentation: how to convert surface mesh back to mask?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:35:01 -0400

Hi Sean

Unfortunately there are no current filters in ITK that will
compute the Mask inside a Mesh.

You may want to enter this as a "feature request" on the
Bug tracker.

    http://www.itk.org/Bug/

One option is to convert your Mesh to a VTK mesh and
then use the VTK filter vtkPolyDataToImageStencil:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkPolyDataToImageStencil.html

In InsightApplications/Auxilary/vtk you will also find
examples on how to convert an itkMesh into a vtkPolyData.