[Insight-users] information loss of images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 18:11:28 -0400

Hi Kasp,

Thanks for sending the additional information
regarding your image.

 From your metaimage header, it seems that your
data is stored in 16 bits (unsigned short).

I wonder if you are trying to read it in an
image of 8bits.  ITK will allow you to do that
but by silently truncating your data to 8 bits.
That could easily look like a corrupted image.

Please make sure that the pixel type you use
for the instantiation of the Image<> class is
capable of representing the actual data of you
dicom files.

You probably want something like:

  typedef itk::Image< unsigned short, 3 > ImageType;