[Insight-users] "extreme" bias in MRI images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri, 09 Apr 2004 17:16:54 -0400

Hi Eduard,

Did you tried the MRIBiasFieldCorrectionFilter ?
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MRIBiasFieldCorrectionFilter.html

There is a demo application for it under

      InsightApplications/MRIBiasCorrection

It is actually composed of several command line tools.

---

This filter implements the method described
in the following documents:

"Parametric estimate of intensity inhomogeneities applied to MRI"
Martin Styner, G. Gerig, Christian Brechbuehler, Gabor Szekely,
IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MEDICAL IMAGING; 19(3), pp. 153-165, 2000,
(http://www.cs.unc.edu/~styner/docs/tmi00.pdf)

"Evaluation of 2D/3D bias correction with 1+1ES-optimization"
Martin Styner, Prof. Dr. G. Gerig (IKT, BIWI, ETH Zuerich),
TR-197
(http://www.cs.unc.edu/~styner/docs/StynerTR97.pdf)