[Insight-users] PNG from ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:55:30 -0400

Hi David,

Could you please give us more details on
what kind of "troubles" you have reading
the PNG files writen with ITK ?

It is a common mistake to save PNG files in
16 bits/pixel and try to view them with simple
viewers that do not normalize the intensity
levels. Those images appear black since they
only contain information in the low bits.

It is likely that when you edit and save the
files with a tool like GIMP, the new files
is an 8 bits/pixel PNG.

Please give us more information.