[Insight-users] segmented region size..

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:31:56 -0400

You could use the RelabelComponentImageFilter.  Given a segmented image,
it relabels it such that label 1 is the largest object, label 2 is the next
largest object, etc.  Once the relabeling has been performed, you can query
the size of a labelled object in terms of number of pixels or volume.

It is a bit of an overkill for the output of the ConnectedThreshold.  We
could add a similar API to the segmentation algorithms. By having the
capability in another filter, we have factored out the capability so it can
used on the output
of any of the segmentation algorithms.

Jim