[Insight-users] cannot find module vnl_quaternion in python

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:33:57 -0400

Hi Carrie,

The VXL/VNL layer is not being wrapped in Python,
(nor Tcl, or Java).

The equivalent class in ITK is the itk::Versor<>.
(which is the technical name for a unit quaternion).

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Versor.html

The Versor is not being wrapped at this point, but if you
think this is the class that you can use, we can easily add
it to the set of wrapped classes by using an approach similar
to the one used for the Vector in 3D and 2D.

Our policy is to wrap classes on demand in order to keep
the size of libraries under control.

Please let us know if you will find this class useful at the
wrapping level, we will be glad to add it if you need it.