[Insight-users] Re: Watershed success & VolView Plugins

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:07:35 -0400

Hi Robert,

You are right, I missed that.
This Watershed RGB plugin was added after the release of VolView.

However, here is where you can take advantage of one of the
nice features of VolView plugins: You can simply download the
shared library of this new plugin and load it into VolView.

The binary versions of the plugins are available at the following
FTP site:

       ftp://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/VolViewPlugins/

You can download the .dll files from there and copy those files
into the VolView20/Plugins subdirectory. This will typically be
something like:

         C:\Program Files\VolView20\Plugins

Note that you must take the ITKCommon.dll along with any of the
.dll plugins you want to install.

--

You can also build the plugins by yourself, the only thing you
need to have is a built version of ITK, and of course CMake.

In your case, it will be interesting to write a plugin that performs
the preprocessing that you want to apply before using Watersheds.
Once you have such a plugin, you can use VolView for running first
your (preprocessing) plugin and then run the Watershed plugin on
the resulting image.  This will give you a very fast development
and testing cycle.

Please let us know if you encounter any problems,