[Insight-users] Cannot Locate Build Flags for ITK + VTK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:59:49 -0400

Hi Peter,

The VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB is relevant only in Microsoft
Windows and only when you use Visual Studio 6.0. Since
you are using GCC, you can happily ignore this setting.

ITK doens't have any dependency on VTK anymore. This was
removed a long time ago, when the demos applications were
moved to a separate checkout in InsightApplications.

When you configure ITK, you will not need any external
packages.  Only if you decide to try InsightApplications,
then you will have the option of using FLTK and VTK for
*some* of the applications.

BTW,
where are you looking for instructions on how to install ITK ?
this seems to be pretty old...

You should rather use the instructions in the initial
chapters of the SoftwareGuide:

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Configuration is very easy in ITK now.

Please let us know if you find any further problems.