[Insight-users] volume of ITK segmented data in a vtkVolume

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:40:39 -0400

Hi Wagner,

The 'Volume' concept is represented in ITK with the itk::Image class.

ITK supports N-Dimensional images. Therefore the equivalent of a volume
is any image of type:

       #include "itkImage.h"
       typedef  itk::Image< PixelType, 3 > ImageType;

You can easily convert ITK images into vtkImageData volumes by using
the filters available in the InsightApplications checkout. You will
find those filters under:

   InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk/
                 itkImageToVTKImageFilter.h
                 itkImageToVTKImageFilter.txx
                 itkVTKImageToImageFilter.h
                 itkVTKImageToImageFilter.txx

You may find useful to read the initial chapters of the SoftwareGuide
in order to get familiar with these fundamental concepts in ITK.

        http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

The itk::Image<> class is described in detail in
the "Data Representation" chapter.

Please let us know if you encounter any problems,