[Insight-users] Problems about ImageBoundaryFacesCalculator

Yan Shang yan.shang at ibt.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:52:26 +0200

--Apple-Mail-6-726331039

dear Luis,

I have the following question:

Using  NeighborhoodAlgorithm::ImageBoundaryFacesCalculator will
decomposed the input image into overlapped regions, that means some
pixels can belong to several boundary regions ( i.e., for 3D, radius=3,
the pixels ( in the upper left  3*3*3 region)  will belong at the same
time to the boundary regions in x, y, z direction.)

If we use the above mentioned decomposed regions of the input image in
a filter, the pixels belonging to several regions will be calculated
repeatedly, this will cause a great computational burden if the image
and radius are both large.

Am I right in this point?

yan

--Apple-Mail-6-726331039

dear Luis,

I have the following question:

Using
<fixed>NeighborhoodAlgorithm::</fixed>ImageBoundaryFacesCalculator