[Insight-users] Fuzzy parameters.

Rodrigo Trujillo Rodrigo Trujillo" <rodrigo.trujillo at cenpra.gov.br
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:24:20 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C42600.DBACFFE0

Hi,

I am trying the application RegionGrowingSegmentation.exe of =
InsightApplications. I choose Fuzzy
Connected, I got only an empty image.=20

I read itkSoftwareGuide and the =
SimpleFuzzyConnectednessScalarImageFilter doxygen=20
documentation. But nothing explains the roles of fuzzy's main =
parameters: mean, variance and=20
threshold.

I choosed Connected Threshold for segmentation to see if there was an =
unexpected problem=20
throghout the previus part, but it worked fine.=20

I can't use Fuzzy without a clue of what their parameters are. It's =
impossible to learn only=20
by trying aleatorios combinations.

Should one explain the roles of these parameters?

Thanks.

Rodrigo Trujillo

------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C42600.DBACFFE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV>Hi,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am trying the application RegionGrowingSegmentation.exe of=20
InsightApplications. I choose Fuzzy</DIV>
<DIV>Connected, I got only an empty image. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I read itkSoftwareGuide and the =
SimpleFuzzyConnectednessScalarImageFilter=20
doxygen </DIV>
<DIV>documentation. But nothing explains the roles of fuzzy's main =
parameters:=20
mean, variance and </DIV>
<DIV>threshold.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I choosed Connected Threshold for segmentation to see if there was =
an=20
unexpected problem </DIV>
<DIV>throghout the previus part, but it worked fine. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I can't use Fuzzy without a clue of what their parameters are. It's =

impossible to learn only </DIV>
<DIV>by trying aleatorios combinations.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Should one explain the roles of these parameters?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rodrigo Trujillo</DIV>