[Insight-users] Initial level set capture

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:41:17 -0400

Hi Jayant,

2) You could use the itkRescaleIntensityImageFilter for
    rescaling the speed image. If you instantiate this filter
    for having an "unsigned char" image as output, you will
    be able to save that image in PNG, JPEG and TIFF formats
    among others.

    Note that you could also, download ParaView and use it
    for visualizing 2D and 3D MetaImage.  You can download
    binary versions of ParaView from

        http://www.paraview.org

   Source code is also freely available.

   Once you load your speed image in paraview, you can easily
   generate iso-contours on it in order to study the distribution
   of gray levels. You can also use native colormaps in paraview
   in order to visualize the intensity distribution.

3) The isovalue only matters for interpreting the input
    image that is passed as initial level set to the
    GeodesicActiveContours filter.  For example, you can
    pass a char image with values from 0 to 255 and say that
    the iso-value you are interested on is at 123.

    If you want to see how this affects your level set computations,
    simply threshold the image at that level and visualize it.
    The shape that you will see, is what you are passing to the
    GeodesicActiveContours filter.

4) Your description was quite confusing...
    But... from it,... it seems that you are passing a contour
    as initial level set instead of passing a solid figure...
    I couldn't see how you get two rectangles, one going inwards
    and the other one going outwards.
    Maybe you will have to post a couple of images in order to
    illustrate this behavior.