[Insight-users] Analyze format questions: incorrect files

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:49:58 -0400

Hi Radhika,

Are you still having problems with this file conversion ?

I repeated what Benjamin suggested and saw the difference
in endiannes in the headers (with MRIcro).  Note that ITK
use the endiannes of the machine you are running on.
So, if you generated this file from a Windows or Linux
machine, the endiannes is fine.

Are you trying to read this in a Sun workstation or in a
Mac ?

Readers are supposed to deal with endiannes, when it is
marked correctly in the file. I guess that Benjamin is
right in suspecting the "scale" to be the culprit.

Please let us know what you find, so we can check whether
this is a potential bug in ITK or not.

   Thanks,

      Luis