[Insight-users] itk neighborhood operator image filter error

raghu venkatram raghu_420 at hotmail.com
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:53:42 +0000

Hi Luis,

Using the gradient descent optimizer, even with 2000 iterations, my
registration does not converge. But my results do look good, as a plot of my
iterations vs my metric, my metric kind of flattens out after a certain
number of iterations.

my question is the learning rate constant throughout the process? or is it
divided my the current iteration something like r/iteration no.?

thanks,
raghu

> [...]
>>on the third slice of my CT volume.
>>
>>Also regarding registration itself, i am using viola-wells mutual
>>information, with gradient descent and the translation transform.
>>in this set up should my my optimizer scales for x and y be equal
>>to 1 while my optimizer scale for z slightly greater than 1? my z
>>in the volume is much smaller than the inplane dimensions.
>>
>>with a step size of 18 and 500 epochs, i am getting good results,
>>and a final metric value of 0.2-0.4,  a plot of the iteration vs
>>metric shows that the metric is fairly stable with this, should i
>>decrease the step size and increase the iterations further?
>>

>>thanks
>>
>>raghu
>>
>>  >From: Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>
>>  >To: raghu venkatram <raghu_420 at hotmail.com>
>>  >CC: insight-users at itk.org
>>  >Subject: Re: [Insight-users] itk neighborhood operator image
>>filter error
>>  >Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:43:23 -0400
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >Hi Raghu,
>>  >
>>  >It is likely that your process for reading the
>>  >DICOM series is failing.  The fact that it shows
>>  >up in the Neighborhood iterator may simply indicate
>>  >that you are reading an image of a single slice,
>>  >for example.
>>  >
>>  >Please connect a ImageFileWriter directly to the
>>  >output of the DicomSeries reader and save the
>>  >image in another format. MetaImage will be the
>>  >best choice since then you can look at the header
>>  >and figure out what information from the DICOM
>>  >file is getting lost on the way.
>>  >
>>  >Chances are that you only have a Input/Output
>>  >problem and not a processing problem.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >I will also suggest you to try the example
>>  >
>>  >     Insight/Examples/IO/
>>  >         DicomSeriesReadImageWrite.cxx
>>  >
>>  >for reading your Dicom images, and to make sure
>>  >that you are using the series reader correctly.
>>  >
>>  >For example, note that you should specify the
>>  >string identifying the series to be read.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >Please let us know what you find.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >    Thanks,
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >       Luis
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >raghu venkatram wrote:
>>  >>Hello Luis,
>>  >>  I am trying to register a MR and CT image using
ImagetoImage