[Insight-users] 3D Gaussian blurring

Robert Maroon robertmaroon at yahoo.com
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:07:47 -0700 (PDT)

--0-786841694-1082560067=:10549

Hi all,

I am currently trying to write an application which takes as input a raw volume (via a metafile header) and runs a gaussian smoothing filter on the data. I am trying to use the DiscreteGaussianImageFilter but I'm having problems since the data I am trying to input is made up of unsigned chars. When I pass it to the filter I get back a volume of all NANs.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I know the Gaussian filter expects to receive and return floating point values, so is there any way of safely converting my unsigned char volume into floating point, do the blurring and then convert it back or should I use another method? By the way I have set the dimensionality of the image to 3.

I have also tried to use the Gaussian filter example in Insight-Applications but the 3D version returns everything but the smooth version of the image which is what I need.

Thanks!

--0-786841694-1082560067=:10549

<DIV>Hi all,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am currently trying to write an application which takes as input a raw volume (via a metafile header) and runs a gaussian smoothing filter on the data. I am trying to use the DiscreteGaussianImageFilter but I'm having problems since the data I am trying to input is made up of unsigned chars. When I pass it to the filter I get back a volume of all NANs. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any ideas on how I can fix this? I know the Gaussian filter expects to receive and return floating point values, so is there any way of safely converting my unsigned char volume into floating point, do the blurring and then convert it back or should I use another method? By the way I have set the dimensionality of the image to 3.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have also tried to use the Gaussian filter example in Insight-Applications but the 3D version returns everything but the smooth version of the image which is what I need.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks!</DIV><p>
Yahoo! Photos: <a href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=23765/*http://photos.yahoo.c
om/ph/print_splash">High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25¢</a>
--0-786841694-1082560067=:10549--