[Insight-users] select more than one seeds when I use itkfastmarchingimagefilter?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:27:04 -0400

Hi Xujf,

Yes, you can set more than one seed in itk::FastMarchingImageFilter.

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1FastMarchingImageFilter.html

Note that the SetTrialPoints() method is receiving a NodeContainer class.
This class is designed for holding *many* seed points.

What changes in the execution of the filter is that fronts are now
developed from
all the seed points simultaneously.

It is very useful to provide multiple seed points, specially for objects
with
non-convex shapes. If you think of the object shape in terms of its
skeleton,
you should put seed points at least in all the nodes of the skeleton.

You may want to play with the implementation of the FastMarching filter
as a plugin in VolView. You can place any number of 3D markers as seed
points and then run the filter. If you find that sections of your object are
missing, you can easily undo the filter add more seed points and re-execute.

The source code for VolView plugins is available at

InsightApplications/VolviewPlugins