[Insight-users] Initial Level set as a PNG file ??

Jayant Chauhan gripened at hotmail.com
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:13:54 +0530

<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>1)Since PNG format allows only unsigned char and unsigned short, does that mean I cannot specify my init level set as a png file ?? Because I do create my init level set from matlab by specifying sign changes at the boundaries, but finally the image is rescaled between 0 and 255 before being written, so could that be a problem with my init level set expanding in both directions ??</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>2)Or is it because of NARROW BAND effect ?? As in, the expansion takes place both ways ??</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>3) The ReverseExpansionDirection concept seems to be confusing me. Could you please let me know as to what does it exactly do ? When I do gacfilter-&gt;SetReverseExpansionDirection(false)</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>I get nothing after 100-1000 iterations.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>4) How is the fact that I specify my init level set as a contour (ie, other than the boundary, all pixels have negative value) different from specifying the level set as a region (asin, inner region positive and outer negative) ? How will the outputs of GACfilter vary with tis ??</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>with regards</DIV>