[Insight-users] 3D deformable registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 10:19:10 -0400

Hi Emily,

1) You can mask a region of an image by
    using the AND image filter.
  http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1AndImageFilter.html
    This will work ok if both the mask and
    the image are of the same pixel type and
    are of "integer" type: {char, short, int,
    long}.

2) You resample the moving image, using the
    WarpImageFilter and providing the deformation
    field.  Note that the WarpImageFilter requires
    you to specify an Origin (in physical space)
    and a size (in pixels) for the output image.

    What you could do is to take the region from the
    moving image and figure out what will be its
    bounding box once it is mapped to the coordinate
    system of the fixed image.  Once you have such
    bounding box, you simply feed this information
    into the origin and size provided to the Warp
    ImageFilter.

    The resulting image will only have the size of
    that specified bounding box.