[Insight-users] characteristics

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:56:37 -0400

Hi David:

Two errors:

1) You are not calling "Compute()" in the ImageMomentCalculator.

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ImageMomentsCalculator.html#a2

    Therefore, when you try to get the Center of Gravity you are
    triggering and exception,... that you don't see, because of
    error 2 (below)

2) You should have placed a try/catch block around your code
    and in the catch block, print out the description of the
    potential exception being thrown.

Also note that here you are feeding the ImageMomentCalculator
with the image read directly from a file. Does this file already
have a single region isolated ?  Your original problem was to
find the centers and radious of a set of circles in an image.
For the ImageMomentCalcultor to work for this purpose, you must
first isolate the circles, one per image.

----------------------
David Llanos wrote:

> Hi Luis,
>
> I proved to obtain the the coordinates of the center of gravity, and the
> total mass of the object with itkImageMomentsCalculator, but I don't obtain
> the wanted results. with both methods I obtain 1.
> would you be so kind of revising me the code? you the enclosed thing next:
> #include "itkImage.h"
> #include "itkImageFileReader.h"
> #include "itkImageFileWriter.h"
> #include "itkImageMomentsCalculator.h"
>
> int main( int argc, char *argv[] )
> {
>
>   typedef   unsigned char   PixelType;
>   typedef   float           AccumulatorPixelType;
>   const     unsigned int    Dimension = 2;
>   typedef itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension >  ImageType;
>   typedef  itk::ImageFileReader< ImageType > ReaderType;
>
>   typedef itk::ImageMomentsCalculator<ImageType> caracteristicas;
>
>   ReaderType::Pointer reader = ReaderType::New();
>   reader->SetFileName( argv[1] );
>   reader->Update();
>
>   caracteristicas::Pointer imagen = caracteristicas::New();
>   imagen->  SetImage ( reader->GetOutput() );
>

>   std::cout << "Centro de gravedad: " << imagen-> GetCenterOfGravity <<
> std::endl;
>   std::cout << "Masa total: " << imagen->  GetTotalMass  << std::endl;
>   return 0;
> }
> E:\radioycdg\radio.cxx(25) : warning C4761: integral size mismatch in
> argument; conversion supplied
> E:\radioycdg\radio.cxx(26) : warning C4761: integral size mismatch in
> argument; conversion supplied
>
> if I use the methods in the way GetCenterOfGravity() and GetTotalMass(),  I
> don't obtain warnings, but in the execution it leaves me abnormal program
> termination.
>
> Thanks and advange and regards,
>
> David.

>>> xorfilter->SetInput2( binaryDilate->GetOutput() );
>>> imgEsperBWsin->SetInput( xorfilter->GetOutput() );