[Insight-users] Changing shared library settings in ccmake causes recompilation?

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:48:51 -0700

Hello,

I just updated my ITK source tree to the latest CVS version and am
trying to get some issues straightened out. This email pertains to my
observation that changing the "build shared libraries" setting with
ccmake forces certain parts of ITK to be re-compiled instead of just
re-linked. Is this normal?

Specifically, toggling the setting (either way) seems to force the
Numerics, Common, and Numerics/FEM directories to be re-compiled. Other
object files are simply re-linked into the shared library form. Is this
extra compiling necessary? It takes a long time...

I'm using OS X 10.3.3 with g++ 3.3.

Thanks,

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine