[Insight-users] Strange Build Config

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:03:34 -0400

Hi Mike,

1) It is normal that VisualStudio will from time to
    time tell you that the .dsp has been changed.
    The reason is that CMake may be run as part of
    the build process. In particular if it is detected
    that a CMakeLists.txt file has changed since the
    last built.  One way of avoiding this annoying
    situation is to simply run CMake on your project
    before loading  the  .dsw in VisualStudio. Of course
    you only do this when you change anything in your
    CMakeLists.txt.

    In any case, there is nothing particularly bad with
    simply reloading the .dsp.  This only gets annoying
    when you have may .dsp files in the same workspace.

2) We may not have any IOCommon.dll library. This
    is probably ITKCommon.dll or ITKIO.dll.  Note that
    your application must be build in the same compilation
    mode as ITK. You are probably building ITK for Debug
    and your application for Release. You shouldn't attempt
    to mix two compilation modes.  One easy way to get started
    is to build ITK both for Debug and for Release. In that
    way you can switch the compilation mode of your application
    and still find the corresponding ITK libraries.

    (You may want to disable TESTING and EXAMPLES in ITK,
     this will make possible to build in less than 15 minutes).