[Insight-users] Build Problems - Windows

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:45:35 -0400

Hi Mike,

Thanks for letting us know.

Just for the record: unless you are using wrapping
{Python, Tcl or Java} it is usually not worth to
build ITK with Shared libraries.  The reason is
that the libraries contain only the non-templated
classes in ITK...   which are a real minority.

In practice, the small savings in factorizing disk
space and memory are not worth the annoyance of having
to deal with the path and the versioning of DLLs.

You may want to consider the option of using Static
libraries when you build ITK.