[Insight-users] problem about levelsetmotionregistrationfilter and multiresolutionpdedeformableregistration

Guorong Wu grwu at sjtu.edu.cn
Mon Aug 2 12:28:42 EDT 2004

hi:
	I have got problem in cooperating levelsetmotionregistrationfilter with multiresolutionpdedeformableregistration. In fact, I originally found itkMultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration.h/.cxx can be used as a framework of multi-resolution for PDE deformalbe registraion algorithms. But in the source code, the default registrationfilter is DemonsRegistrationFilter. So I modified the code making it extended to SymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter and LevelSetMotionRegistrationFilter. I also modified the function SetNumberOfLevels making it can set iterations at each sacle. To have a test, I write the example MultiRegistration.cxx which I attached. In this example we could set the regisrtrationfilter we wanted and iterations at each scale. The usage is:
   MultiRegistration fixedimage.png movingimage.png registrationtype iterationatscale0 iterationatscale1 iterationatscale3 result.png deformation.png
    When Registrationtype==1, that means using DemonsRegistrationFilter, registrationtype==2 means using SymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter, regisrationtype==3 means using LevelSetMotionRegistration.
	The problem is when registrationtype=1,2, it's OK, but when registrationtype=3, an exceptiong occurs after completed first scale. For example:
	MultiResolution fixedimage.png movingimage.png 1 10 20 30 result.png            it's OK
    MultiResolution fixedimage.png movingimage.png 2 10 20 30 resutt.png            it's OK
    Multiresolution fixedimage.png movingimage.png 3 10 20 30 result.pnt  (the following is the output in screen)
	using LevelSetMotionRegistration.....
	iter1   ***
	iter2   ***
	iter10   ***    (at this time it means finishing first scale and going to next scale, but an error occurs)
	AN EXCEPTION OCCURS

	I don't know why cooperation with symmetricforces and demons is ok while levelsetmotion is failed. Would you like to give some advice? Thanks in advance.

        Guorong Wu
        grwu at sjtu.edu.cn
          2004-08-02

Guorong Wu
The Department of Computer Science and Technology
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
1954 Huashan RD
Shanghai China
200030