[Insight-users] RGB Segmentation

Jacob Boomgaarden boomgaar at arsc.edu
Mon Aug 2 20:42:07 EDT 2004

Hello Everyone,

I am working with the ConfidenceConnectedImageFilter to do segmentation of both
lungs in a two-dimensional CT image. The image I am currently working with has pixel
values at 8-bit grayscale and is a .png image file.

I wish to now do the same type of segmentation on a 2D colored cryosection that has
pixel values that are 24-bit RGB colored and is also in a .png image file. My
question is if its possible to the segmentation on this colored image and keep an
RGB color to the segmented region. Such things that deal with this that I am curious
on are: Should I define my image type using RGBPixel? When using the
SetReplaceValue() method of the ConfidenceConnectedImageFilter class, how do I
specify that the pixeltype I want to send in has a certain intensity for each RGB
value...can this be done simply by setting up an RGBPixel instance, giving it
specific RGB values and then passing it in as a reference?

Thanks for your help,

--
Jacob Boomgaarden
ARSC Intern