[Insight-users] Registration Algo

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Aug 3 00:20:50 EDT 2004

Hi Narasinga,

Please do the following

1) Read the tutorial on Image Registration

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/RegistrationMethodsOverview.pdf

2) Read the chapter on Image Registration from the
    ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

The method you describe sounds pretty much like the BSpline
deformable registration illustrated in the example

        Insight/Examples/Registration/
                  DeformableRegistration4.cxx

3) ITK is N-Dimensional. In ITK you don't do registration
    slice by slice. Instead you use the native dimensionality
    of the datasets.

4) Validation is only possible in the context of

     3.1) A clinical application
     3.2) A defined set of image modalities
     3.3) A specific computation time allowable.

    Please let us know what your clinical application
    is, what are your image modalities and what are
    the time demands of your clinicians.