[Insight-users] an interesting problem

Guorong Wu grwu at sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Aug 3 02:28:30 EDT 2004

hello all:
	I found an interesting problems.
	Class MultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration provides a generic framework to perform multi-resolution deformable registration. But the default registration filter is DemonsRegistrationFilter. As we known, DemonsRegistrationFilter, SymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter and LevelSetMotionRegistrationFilter are all derived from PDEDeformableRegistrationFilter. So if we change the default type of registrationfilter we can perform other PEDDeformable algorithms in multi-resolution framework. But when I change the type definition (line 122, itkMultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration.h) to LevelSetMotionRegistrationFilter, an exception occurs when called m_Registration->UpdateLargestPossibleRegion() (at line 310, MultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration.txx). The funny is the program sometimes stoped after completed one level (m_CurrentLevel==0) or sometimes stoped after completed two levels. During the test, the fixed image, the moving image, NumberOfLevel, NumberOfIteration are the same. Would you like to have a test and give me some suggestions?	I am eager to know to the answer. Thanks.

        Guorong Wu
        grwu at sjtu.edu.cn
          2004-08-03

Guorong Wu
The Department of Computer Science and Technology
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
1954 Huashan RD
Shanghai China
200030