[Insight-users] Problem with VC.NET 7.1

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Aug 3 16:00:06 EDT 2004

Hi Ender,

Visual Studio 6.0 has a very poor support
for the "typename" keyword. It basically
ignores it when it is present, and do not
requires it when the C++ standard says it
should be there.

Visual Studio 7 fixed those problems and
now requires the presence of "typename"
as the C++ estandard stablishes. In other
words, VC 7.1 is now *almost* as good as
GCC. At least regarding "typename"    :-)

The fact that your code was compiling ok
with VC 6.0 doesn't mean that your code
is correct.  VC 7.1 has a much superior
compiler at least as far as compliance with
the C++ standard goes.

Please post to the list the error messages
(and associated code snippets) that you get
when compiling with Visual Studio 7.1.

 From those messages we probably will be able
to help you find where are you missing "typenames".