[Insight-users] topology preserving level sets

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Fri Aug 6 04:02:33 EDT 2004

Hi there Christoph,

Christoph Palm wrote:
> have a look on this link:
> http://www-i8.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/publications/downloads/topctrl.pdf
>
> I just read about that and have no experiences with topology preserving
> level sets. But I´m looking forward seeing your implementation being
> integrated into ITK :-)

I know about the Bischoff approach, thanks anyway for the reference.
It's different from the one by Han in that Bischoff introduces cuts in
the voxel grid to isolate non-simple voxels, whereas Han have a simple
test and a slightly adapted propagation step to prevent the front from
traversing non-simple voxels.  It *looks* like Han's approach might be a
tad simpler to implement...  we'll see.

Thanks,
Charl