[Insight-users] Building shape model to be used with GeodesicActiveCountourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 9 12:49:05 EDT 2004

Zach, Lino,

The creation of a Signed Distance map has been
logged as a Feature Request for a while.

It entry is Bug #737
http://www.itk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=737&pos=23

You may want to vote for this bug in order to increase
its priority.

The plan so far, is to implement it as you just suggested,
by running the DanielssonDistanceMap filter twice, the
first time on the binary image, and the second time in
the negation of the binary image.

You can also use the ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter.html#_details
in order to produce a signed distance function.
The DanielssonDistanceMap filter will probably be faster.