[Insight-users] internal compiler error when compiling python wrapping with gcc3.3.3

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Aug 11 09:03:09 EDT 2004

Nicolaus Andratschke wrote:
> In file included from /usr/include/g++/complex:49,
>                  from
> /home/koegli/Installation/Vsualization/Insight/Utilities/vxl/vcl/iso/vcl_complex.h:6,
>                  from
> /home/koegli/Installation/VIsualization/Insight/Utilities/vxl/vcl/vcl_complex.h:62,
>                  from
> /home/koegli/Installation/VIsualization/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/VXLNumerics/wrap_vnl_matrix.cxx:17:
> /usr/include/g++/bits/cpp_type_traits.h:71: internal
> compiler error: in nth_token, at cp/spew.c:450
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for
> instructions.
> make[5]: ***
> [/home/koegli/Installation/VIsualization/Insight-bin/Wrapping/CSwig/VXLNumerics/wrap_vnl_matrix.xml]

This ICE is inside the GCC parser that comes with CableSwig.  Something
strange is happening and I cannot duplicate the problem.  Please try the
following:

cd
/home/koegli/Installation/VIsualization/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/VXLNumerics
make -n
/home/koegli/Installation/VIsualization/Insight-bin/Wrapping/CSwig/VXLNumerics/wrap_vnl_matrix.xml
 >make.log

This should print a pretty long command line to the file make.log.  Edit
make.log and add the option "-E" before the option
"-fxml-start=_cable_".  Then run

sh make.log >wrap_vnl_matrix.cpp

and send the .cpp file to me via private email (no need to clutter the
mailing list with large files).

Hopefully that will help me duplicate the problem.

Thanks,
-Brad