[Insight-users] Deprecation Warning ImageSeriesWriter ITK 1.8

Christoph Palm christoph.palm at web.de
Wed Aug 18 08:24:48 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I just recompiled my code with ITK 1.8.0 and get the following
warning:

WARNING: In InsightToolkit-1.8.0/Code/IO/itkImageSeriesWriter.txx, line
133
ImageSeriesWriter (0x82d90e0): This functionality has been DEPRECATED.
NumericSeriesFileName for generating the filenames

I use the ImageSeriesWriter in the following way:

typedef itk::ImageSeriesWriter< InputImageType, OutputImageType >
WriterType;
typename WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();
writer->SetInput( image );
std::string filename = tmpDirectory + "/" + tmpDirectory + "%03d." +
tmpFormat;
writer->SetSeriesFormat( filename.c_str() );
writer->SetStartIndex( 1 );
writer->SetIncrementIndex( 1 );
writer->Update();

The output is absolutely correct, but what I want to get rid of the
warning message! Any suggestions?

Thanks

Christoph