[Insight-users] Using ITK with DICOM - extracting non-image information.

Simon Harris s.j.harris at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Aug 19 13:04:48 EDT 2004

Thanks for that - finally I managed to get ITK
built on my system and compiled the example code
ok...

I've only tried it on one dataset so far, but it
appears to stall for a while at the:

   dicomIO->GetPatientName(  patientName  );

and then bails out without printing anything. I don't
know if the files I have are bad DICOM - they come
 from a Siemens scanner & my own DICOM reading software
and other software I have can extract the data ok.

Simon.