[Insight-users] gantry tilt compensation

Erő Zsolt erozsolt at enternet.hu
Sun Aug 22 21:02:00 EDT 2004

I am trying to write a small program that transforms a volume of
slices made with tilted CT head into a standard (rectangular) volume
array, because no algorithms support such type of volumes in ITK or
VTK (as long as I know). I know, there is an affine transform in ITK,
but don't know what to do with it. Could you help me how to use it
(not for coding but mathematically)? I know the tilt angle from the
DICOM file, but don't know how can I reverse-transform on the
transformed volume. Any web resource could be useful, I looked up
google, but found nothing usable.

Thanks,
Zsolt Ero