[Insight-users] Reading JPEG compressed DICOM files

Soumen soumend at magnum.barc.ernet.in
Mon Aug 23 21:25:33 EDT 2004

Hi!!!!

I am presently facing problem in reading DICOM files which has its Image data part JPEG compressed. I have tried to use system jpeg library but could not understand how to supply only the image dat apart jpeg_decompress structure that the library has. All the examples uses jpeg file as input to the structure and reads the header to gather necessary information. But I beleive that is not the case here as the header here is DICOM header not the ususal JPEG header. Also i donno whether there are any  JPEG specific information in the DICOM header.

Plz guide me through the problem.
Thnx.

Soumen Dey