[Insight-users] Mesh Types: Error in visualizing

uday kurkure udaykurkure at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 10:25:03 EDT 2004

Hello Luis,

Thanks for the reply. I am using
itkBinaryMask3DMeshSource so I can view the
intermediate result of DeformableModel1.cxx. But I
guess, there is no straight forward solution to that.

Can you tell me which paper was referred to implement
itkDeformableMesh3DFilter and what are the good
resources to understand it.

Thanks,
Uday

--- Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Uday,
>
> If you want to visualize the surface of the
> segmented region,
> it is not a good idea to use the
> itkBinaryMask3DMeshSource.
>
> Instead you should convert your ITK image resulting
> from the
> segmentation into a VTK image and then apply the
> vtkContourFilter
> on the resulting vtkImageData object. Then take the
> vtkPolyData
> resulting from the Contour filter and connect it to
> a standard
> VTK visualization pipeline.
>

> For your convenience we just added an example
> illustrating
> how to do this. You will find this new example in
>
>    InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk
>                itkReadITKImageSegmentShowVTK.cxx
>
> Note that although the example is illustrated for a
> 2D image,
> you can adapt it to 3D with minimal modifications.
>

>     Regards,
>

>        Luis
>

> -------------------------
> uday kurkure wrote:
>
> > Continuing my previous mail, the specific error I
> am
> > getting is-

Z:\ITK\Insight\Mesh\itkBinaryMask3DMeshSourceTest.cxx(334)
> > : error C2664: 'MeshToUnstructuredGrid' : cannot
> > convert parameter 1 from 'class
> > itk::SmartPointer<class
> > itk::BinaryMask3DMeshSource<class
> > itk::Mesh<double,3,class
> itk::DefaultStaticMeshTrai
> > ts<double,3,3,float,float,double> > > >' to 'class
> > itk::Mesh<double,3,class

itk::DefaultStaticMeshTraits<double,3,3,double,double,double>