[Insight-users] ITK 1.6 and Visual Studio .NET

Lydia Ng lng at insightful.com
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:32:39 -0800

Hi Aaron,

Do you have or ever had Visual studio 6.0 installed on the same machine.
A guy in our group had the same problem with itkvcl and the only =
difference
between his setup and mine was that I don't have 6.0 on my machine. So =
our
hypothesis was that it had to do with that. I think this only happened
recently (around the time when vnl was updated)?

- Lydia

Cmake
> 1.8 patch 3, ITK release 1.6, and Visual Studio .NET (2002) on Windows =
XP.
> When i run CMake and try to build ITK, the itkvcl library build fails.
> The errors i get are varied...some look like the following:
> >>
> >>f:\Projects\Insight\Utilities\vxl\vcl\emulation\vcl_algobase.h(185) =
:
> error C2995: 'vcl_destroy' : template function has already been =
defined
> >>      F:\Projects\Insight\Utilities\vxl\vcl\vcl_new.h(30) : see
> declaration of 'vcl_destroy'
> >>f:\Projects\Insight\Utilities\vxl\vcl\emulation\vcl_algobase.h(194) =
:
> error C2995: 'vcl_construct' : template function has already been =
defined
> >>      F:\Projects\Insight\Utilities\vxl\vcl\vcl_new.h(34) : see
> declaration of 'vcl_construct'
> >>

> >>while others look like:
> >>
> >>F:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio =
.NET\Vc7\include\vector(710) :
> error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'size_type'
> >>F:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio =
.NET\Vc7\include\vector(711) :
> error C2027: use of undefined type 'std::allocator<T>'
> >>      with
> >>      [
> >>          T=3Dstd::_Vbase
> >>      ]
> >>

> >>Studying the output messages of teh build to try to determine the =
issue,
> i found that in a few of the builds warning messages such as this are
> appearing:
> >>
> >>vnl_vector_fixed.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; =
archive
> member will be inaccessible
> >>vnl_vector.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive
> member will be inaccessible
> >>vnl_c_vector.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive
> member will be inaccessible
> >>

> >>I imagine these warnings could have a lot to do with the problems I =
am
> having, but have no idea what could be causing such things.  Before =
trying
> to build ITK I obviously rmeoved all previous versions of the toolkit =
and
> deleted old binaries prior to downloading the new version and running
> CMake on it.  I have even gone so far as to uninstall and reinstall =
Visual