[Insight-users] Isolated Connected Filter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:53:43 -0500

Hi Rama,

The Isolated Connected image filter searches
for a value that will separate two regions,
one region containing one of your seed points
and the other region containing the other seed
point.

The search for this value is done using a binary
search (bipartition) algorithm. The algorithm
stops when the variation of the threshold is under
the tolerance.

The reason for having this tolerance is that the
binary search may find a value that separates the
two regions but it is too far from the critical
value where the regions may have been fused.