[Insight-users] Re: DICOM modified trans to ITK1.6 : Getting Patient information

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun, 08 Feb 2004 16:20:42 -0500

Hi James

Thanks for sending the modifications
you made to the DICOM reader.

The code has been integrated and commited
to the repository.  An example on the use
of the new methods was added as

   Insight/Examples/IO/
     DicomPrintPatientInformation.cxx

It invokes the new methods you added:

   dicomIO->GetPatientName(  patientName  );
   dicomIO->GetPatientID(    patientID    );
   dicomIO->GetPatientSex(   patientSex   );
   dicomIO->GetPatientAge(   patientAge   );
   dicomIO->GetStudyDate(    studyDate    );
   dicomIO->GetModality(     modality     );
   dicomIO->GetManufacturer( manufacturer );
   dicomIO->GetInstitution(  institution  );
   dicomIO->GetModel(        model        );

and print out the results.

Thanks for contributing this code to ITK.

   Luis