[Insight-users] visualization application...

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:32:05 -0500

Hi Marc,

Here are two options that you may want to consider:

1) ParaView

2) VolView + ITK Plugins

---

ParaView is an open source application built on top
of VTK. You can download it for free from
http://www.paraview.org/HTML/Index.html

ParaView is designed to run in Parallel Clusters but
runs equally well in a desktop or a laptop.

---

VolView is not open source but you can use a binary
version for free and write ITK plugins in order to
extend its functionality. The plugins are open source
and you can get them from

     InsightApplications/VolviewPlugins

VolView can be downloaded from
http://www.kitware.com/products/volview.html

Volview focuses in high performance Volume Rendering
while ParaView focuses in interactive editing of the
visualization pipeline and in managing large data sets.