AW: AW: AW: [Insight-users] How to distribute?

jiang jiang at TI.Uni-Trier.DE
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:57:56 +0100

Hi Luis,
Thank you for your answer. I'm using Windows 2000 now and Visual Studio 6.0.
Could you tell me how can I "build VTK and ITK
for "Release" and with Static libraries"?

Thank you very much! And I will be careful for Qt license.

Best Regards,

Chunyan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: insight-users-admin at itk.org [mailto:insight-users-admin at itk.org]Im
Auftrag von Luis Ibanez
Gesendet: Montag, 9. Februar 2004 17:17
An: jiang
Cc: Hari Sundar; ITK
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: [Insight-users] How to distribute?

HI Chunyan,

The simplest way to distribute is to
make sure that you build VTK and ITK
for "Release" and with Static libraries.

In that way, when you build your executable,
it will contain all the VTK and ITK code
it needs.  The executable will be huge but
it will be self-sufficient.

Note that if you are using .Net, and move
this to another PC with an old Windows,
some of the .Net shared libraries may be
missing. In that case you will have to
distribute the corresponding libraries
along with your executable.

About Qt, you have to be quite careful,
please look at the license terms and
check what applies to you.

jiang wrote:

> Thanks Hari,
> ITK has no .dll. Is it static libraries? How should I handle it?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Chunyan

Qt,