[Insight-users] Geodesic Active Contours passing over edges

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:22:13 -0500

Hi Ivan,

Are you sure that your Sigmoid is generating dark
values on the edges of structures ?

The GeodesicActiveContour uses the feature image
as one of the inputs to the speed computation.

Note that the advection term is computed in the
form of a force vector and therefore it has a
direction.  Normally this direction is pointing
to the lower values of the Feature image, thus
to the center of the edges of the original image.

Could you post some slices of your input image,
feature image and the output of the GAC in MyPacs ?

you can create an account for free at

    htt://www.mypacs.net

Once you post the slices, please let us know the
image ID that you get for them.

If you want to play with a prototype, VolView has
ITK plugins for GeodesicActive contours.

You can download the free version of VolView from

    http://www.kitware.com/products/volview.html