[Insight-users] problems with DICOM reader

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:05:21 -0500

Hi Marc,

Can you gives us a better description of the

           "very strange things"

that you get ?

----

Just for a test, try reading the DICOM images
into an image with pixel type float. You can
try visualizing the image with the ImageViewer
application in InsightApplications.

Have you verified the consistency of the DICOM
files ?

You could do this by viewing the original DICOM
files with applications like:

- MRIConvert
http://lcni.uoregon.edu/~jolinda/MRIConvert.html

or

- VolView
http://www.kitware.com/products/volview.html

This will help to rule out the possibility of your
DICOM files being inconsistent.

Please let us know what you find,