[Insight-users] the problem in Vtk2Itk.

yasser salman yass71 at yahoo.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:00:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi Luis..,
 i added these lines below after vtk2itk connection
and disconnect the itk filters the same error message
appeard again .., when i disable these lines
the message disappeard , So i think Volume didn't
convert correctly  to ITK...,

typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< InternalImageType>
WriterType;
  WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();
  writer->SetFileName("C:/Image.vtk");
  writer->SetInput( cast->GetOutput() );
    writer->Update();
 plz informe me what can i do to cross over this
problem,..thanks ,,
yasser..--- Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>
wrote:

> Hi Yasser
>
> Thanks for posting the error message.
>

>  From your description I understand that the
> section of your code that is reading and
> visualizing the  DICOM files is working ok.
>
> And that the  problem is related to the
> conversion of the ITK image to VTK image.
> or the VTK image to ITK image.
>
> Given that you have
>
> VTK2ITK-->>ITK Filters-->>ITK2VTK-->>Viz pipeline
>

> Could you please try the following:
>
> 1) Disconnect the ITK Filter from VTK2ITK and
>     instead connect and itk::ImageFileWriter
>     Then trigger the writer.
>     The purpose of this test is to check
>     whether the image gets converted to ITK
>     correctly or not.
>
> If (1) works, then try the following:
>
> (2) reconnect the ITK filters and
>      the conversion ITK2VTK but keep
>      the visualization pipeline away.
>      Connect an vtk writer at the
>      output of ITK2VTK and run the
>      pipeline. This should verify
>      if the image gets passes back to
>      VTK correctly.
>

> If (2) works, the problem is in the
> section between  the vtkImageData
> generated by ITK2VTK and the viz pipeline.
>

> Please let us know what you find.
>

> Thanks
>

>     Luis

> > Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing
> online.
> > http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

> > Subject:
> > [Insight-users] Re: From Vtk To Itk error message!
> > From:
> > yasser salman <yass71 at yahoo.com>
> > Date:
> > Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:44:44 -0800 (PST)