[Insight-users] Upgrading, and debs

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:17:05 -0500

Gavin,

Thanks for the information.  I'm glad the upgrade went so smoothly for you.

Gavin Baker wrote:
> The only complaint I have is that vnl_vector_fixed has had the x(), y() and
> z() accessors deprecated.  It isn't at all clear to me why they would remove
> such a useful thing from VNL.  I also note that they still exist in
> vnl_vector.  Anyway, switching to the subscript notation worked around that
> one (ie. vec[0] for x() and so on).
>
> Any chance of getting them "un-deprecated" ? :)

VNL is part of ITK to provide numerics support for implementing the
filters internally.  We do not make any attempt to modify the interface
we inherit from their library (especially because we support building
with an external vxl as of version 1.6).  The only way to get this
un-deprecated is to bring it up on the VXL maintainers mailing list:

   vxl-maintainers at lists.sourceforge.net

> In other news...
>
> This upgrade, including a build of InsightApplications, was all built
> against my brand new ITK-1.6 Debian packages.  After quite some hiatus, I
> have picked up the debs again and am producing full 1.6 debs now.
>
> Now that this all works, the core libs and the -dev package are ready to be
> released (I will post an announcement once the debs are uploaded in the next
> few days).  The applications package will follow soon after.

Excellent.  Thank you again for preparing these.

-Brad