[Insight-users] MultiResMIRegistration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 03:38:23 -0500

HI Christos,

The exception message that you get means that
the fileformat of your image has not been
recognized by any of the existing ITK ImageIO
objects.

In fact, the extension ".raws" will not be
recognized by any of the current ImageIO
objects in ITK.

I assume that those are "raw" files. RAW formats
are *bad*, they are ambiguous and therefore
dangerous as a support for medical images.

The best thing you can do for them is to create
a MetaImage header that points to the raw file
and provides the necessary information concerning
the image dimension, number of pixels, interpixel
spacing, image origin in physical coordinates.

You  can create this header by following the dialog
of the application:

      InsightApplications/MetaImageImporter

or by reading the description of a meta image header
provided in

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Data.htm

Details about the entire list of file formats supported
by ITK are available in the FAQ entry

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/InsightFAQ/InsightFAQ?req=show&file=faq01.007.htp

Before running this application with your own data
you may want to practice with the BrainWeb data that
is available at our ftp server

   ftp://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/Data/BrainWeb

Note that they are just the files downloaded from
the BrainWeb server plus the corresponding MetaImage
headers.

In particular you may want to try the two images
contained in the following tar.gz files:

   BrainPart1.tgz
   BrainPart1Rotated10Translated15.tgz