[Insight-users] Analyze Binary Bitmap File Loading problem

Yasser Bashir itk_at_stanford at yahoo.com
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:38:41 -0800

Luis,

I believe the test data in testing folder is of type 'float' and
AnalyzeImageIO works fine for basic types.

I am only talking about the case where the input file is in the binary
bitmask format so each byte of data has 8 pixel values.

I believe the DoConvertBuffer in the itkImageFileReader.txx is
intelligent enough to typecast basic types but is not intelligent enough
to take "binary" bit data and convert it to binary byte (or whatever the
output data type is) data.

I had to override itkAnalyzeImageIO and modify the behaviour of the void
Read(void* buffer) to fix my issue but I believe it should be fixed in
the itkImageFileReader.txx

In my next mail I will try to attach some sample data if the mailing
list allows it :-)

Yasser.