[Insight-users] Re: [Fwd: MultiResMIRegistration]

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 03:11:03 -0500

Hi Christos,

ITK is N-Dimensional.

The registration metrics can manage 2D, 3D, 4D,...

The limit is only the memory of your computer
and the amount of time that you want to let it
running.

For 3D registration you can use as Transform:

  -Rigid 3D,
  -Affine 3D
  -Deformable registrations.
       - BSplines
       - Demons
       - FEM

You could try directly the FEM based registration
since you can setup MutualInformation as the metric.

Please look at the registration chapter in the
SoftwareGuide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Both to the basic registration framework and to the
deformable registration section.