[Insight-users] Two Basic Image Accessing Questions

Sah Rayman sahrayman at yahoo.com
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 02:09:03 -0800 (PST)

hello, I have some questions (again).

1. Is it safe to use itk::Image::GetBufferPointer()

then use that pointer to read/write image data?

If yes, then what's the benifit of using iterator?
Make coding easier and more readable? Directly using
pointer would be the most efficient and easy, right?

2. Is LargestPossibleRegion available when Update() is
just called?

I want to visit every pixel after some itk image
filter is just updated. Is LargestPossibleRegion
automatically available? If not, how can I make
everything in buffer?

3. Is LargestPossibleRegion available when allocate()
is just called?
I am creating my own image. The size, spacing and
origin are set. Then I call allocate(). Is every pixel
in LargestPossibleRegion available to write at this
time? If not, how can I make everything in buffer?

Many thanks.