[Insight-users] Model-based-Registration strange results?!?

Gunther Sudra Gunther.Sudra at web.de
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:43:25 +0100

Hi,

when using Model-Based-Registration to detect simple objects I got sometimes very good and sometimes very strange results. Therefore I took a closer look at the example and have the following question:

on page 339 of ITKSoftwareGuide are two figures about the development of angle and x,y-translation during optimization.

when I run the examples I get the following (final) result [0.00279581, 0.530624, 0.280785]

I interpret this like

angle: 0.00279581
translation x: 0.530624
translation y: 0.280785

but these results differ from the plot in the figures. How can this be?

I also tried to detect an artificial ellipse with an ellipse-model. In some cases (especially when there are large differences in orientation) results were very poor. Even an large increase of number of iterations (>2000) and number of initializations (>2000) didn't lead to better results.

All I did was  simplifiying the example, so that I have now one ellipse-model to detect the same rotated and translated ellipse in a 2D-Picture.

Am I doing something completely wrong?

Best regards
Gunther

Ein Grund zum Feiern: Die PC Praxis ermittelt zwischen 10 grossen
Mailprovidern WEB.DE FreeMail als Testsieger http://f.web.de/?mc=021190